Wednesday 19 January 2011

Not so Mouldy

Given my current obsession with dressing gowns (or, as the less enlightened of you call them, "bath robes"), of course I was going to post this:


Wearing the gown is one of my childhood super-crushes, the lovely actor John Moulder-Brown. I love the way the gown has fallen away from his leg, revealing the thigh as it curves enticingly upwards towards...

Anyway, this is him in the guise in which I first encountered him, playing Felix Krull, confidence trickster:


He had that whole safe-dangerous thing going on that, as an impressionable youth, I found completely irresistible.

Completely.


And is it any wonder I was smitten when you contemplate that fine, blow-away blond hair, oh-so-casually parted in a way that my own ultra-dense hair would never permit:


Was it just me, or was there something very, very gay about John Moulder-Brown?

In evidence I submit this:


I mean, he has to be, right?

Otherwise just think of how many childhood yearnings I wasted on him. That's just not a happy thought.

2 comments:

Captain Fearless said...

My earliest memory of him as the deranged but doe-eyed brother of the equally-mad Ludwig (played by Helmut Berger) in Visconti's Twilight of the Gods. Trevor Howard made a good Wagner though.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more about JMB. There was this clean cut image yet so much promise of things from the dark side! My favourite Miss Marple was the one with him in it, & he has the shirt off! Sad he seems to have vanished off the screen. Thanks for jogging the memory.