Tuesday 23 November 2010

I was wrong

You know how I said this was the winner of my time-unlimited competition for the best body-painted costume at a WNBR event or similar?

And how it was such a shock and all, this being a blog that obsesses about winkies while the winner clearly was not in possession of such a thing?

Well, I was wrong.

It turns out there was another costumer which was more worthy of this immensely prestigious award.

Can I give you -- Smiley Face Man:


The audacity of the concept, the artistry with which it has been executed, the beatific Mona Lisa-esque almost-smile playing delicately about his mouth. And, of course, the breathtakingly wonderful winkie.

Yes, I think we have a clear winner now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely young man. Wouldn't the world be a better place if studs, painted up just like him, were just placed randomly about just to brighten our days? I know mine has been brightened immensely just from the picture - imagine seeing 'the real thing'!

Niall said...

He's a nice looking chap, although he looks to have been cycling (or sitting) a while too long by the way the paint is peeling away.
Was this the Sydney WNBR?

LeDuc said...

Niall: apologies, I know absolutely nothing. The eagle eyed may be able to work it out from the police(?) uniforms in the background.

Anonymous: lovely idea. That would get my vote.

Anonymous said...

The photo title is a clue "solstice". I believe it is from the Fremont Solstice Parade in Seattle. You can see some of the 'gasworks' from Gasworks Park. See the link: http://seattlephotographs.smugmug.com/gallery/6042464_tShAM#418342673_oD3XS

Definitely a parade I'd like to see someday!

LeDuc said...

Anonymous: Great detective work! Now, focus back onto the lovely boy...

Tony said...

Oh, the almost-smile. Who sculpted THAT?