Saturday 13 November 2010

Cover up

Winter having firmly arriving and it being all dreich an drear outside, now is the time to engage in wistful contemplation of those far-off days of summer.


So what better excuse do we need to do a round-up of recently-emerged (and some ancient) images from assorted World Naked Bike Rides?


And although this next fella is utterly magnificent (one of my favourites, in fact, and who has stalkerishly appeared on my blogs a few times already, albeit in different poses), the general theme here is the search for the best "costume".


By which I am usually referring to a painted-on costume, of course.


A few random blue dots, like that chap has gone with, definitely counts, but, alas, I think I need to disqualify the next rider on the grounds that wearing a rucksack doesn't really require any effort and, frankly, is letting the side down a bit.


Pity.

Whereas this next chap swayed me by wittily drawing attention to his tiny willy rather than being embarrassed about it. And I like the sentiment very much, obviously:


This next chap did well to choose just a pair of sunglasses. He doesn't need anything else:


While these two boys coordinated:


I'm not so sure that was a good move, although the blond-haired chap is clearly in a different league of loveliness.


No, the chap in pole position to win the coveted "best costume" award throughout almost the whole of the judging period was the guy on the right, here, whose economical expression "I love bums" fits so well with the theme of this blog, and who has also been the subject of several crassly intrusive photo features on various of my blogs, what with him being exquisitely lovely and all:


But I have to tell you, in a major upset (particularly given our obsession with winkies, bums and goolies), the winner of this year's best costume at a WNBR event award goes to A Lady:


Genius. The hint of Marge Simpson is probably what swayed me, along with the skill of the application. Brilliant. It's almost as if winter isn't here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think those guys with the co-ordinated paint are actually wearing the flag of Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Isn't patriotism great?

albeo said...

she totally deserves it!!!