Tuesday 19 October 2010

Me me me

This image brought the unbidden thought to my brain that, sometimes, there's not much dignity involved in sex.


I toyed with the thought awhile, as I contemplated this sequence.


Maybe that's part of the point: the loss of dignity is a stripping-away of all those tired and tiresome social conventions by which we live our everyday lives.


The best sex is a reversion to a childish nakedness, to a time when we were just id.


And part of that is reverting to the instinctive desire for physical intimacy (there's no dignity in being a baby, is there?).


Still, these chaps seem contented enough with it.

4 comments:

Captain Fantastic said...

Outstanding! As much for the décor as anything else ... Where did they come from? Are there many more?

LeDuc said...

There are maybe half a dozen more -- though, obviously, not as exciting as these. I only give you the best stuff.

Lady V said...

Just as I started reading this post I began to think about the lack of dignity in having a baby. And then you mentioned it. And I began to sweat....

LeDuc said...

Just remember Eric Morecambe, a fixed grin on his face as he edged slowly sideways off the stage, muttering to little Ern soto voce "Dignity at all times...".