Saturday 11 December 2010

A Tale of Two Actors

For some reason I thought it might be interesting to contrast two youngish English actors, starting with Charlie Cox (whose most famous role to date was probably in Stardust).


I rather liked that film, although it may have been because my eye was turned by the lovely Mr Cox.


Because he's that rarity: a young, pretty actor with copious chest hair but he doesn't shave it off.


Needless to say, for this alone I believe he should be awarded several Oscars.


Equally, I am hugely looking forward to his next roles -- hopefully something in some sort of swords'n'sandals epic where he spends the entire film topless.


Yes, that might work very well.

In the other corner, can I give you Ben Barnes?:


Ben is unquestionably a Very Pretty Boy indeed.


Unlike Charlie, he appears to have relatively little chest hair but, glory be, sometimes he also doesn't shave it off.


Ben's "mirror" to Charlie's Stardust starring role is, of course, in the Narnia series.


But he also had a vaguely revealing role in a dreadful adaptation of Dorian Grey:


No cock shot, alas, but a nice rounded bottom:


I have to say, I think his innocent and vaguely girly face meant he struggled to pull off a look of sexual depravity and dissolution, although full marks to him for trying:


But no marks for the absence so far in his career of full-frontals, so let's leave the final word to a talented and dedicated fan who has chosen to plug the gap:


Now if only someone would do the same for Charlie.

Or, better still, if only the actors themselves would realise how much greater would be our adoration if they allowed us to worship all of them.

PS: A kind reader has sent two more images of the lovely Charlie Cox:


The second is from a play what he did in London a year or so back:


I remember walking past the theatre and seeing that image plastered on the wall outside: I lost track of how long I stood and stared, drinking in Charlie's deliciously lush hairy exuberance...

No comments: