Saturday 11 December 2010

More Christmas anticipation

It turns out I lied to you. I was banging on, you'll recall, about the Southern Railway 2-bil, a delightful 2-car electric multiple unit.


No...? I drew particular attention to the Arts & Crafts finery of the brass handles...?


Please try to keep up. Anyway, I said it was at the National Railway Museum in York. Which I thought it was.


Then, entirely coincidentally, I stumbled across some of my own photos of the 2-bil and, lo, it turns out that it wasn't at the NRM in York at all. It was, in fact, in Locomotion, the NRM's satellite museum in Shildon.


Still, it gives me an excuse to post about it all over again (and no, it's not my fault: I love Locomotion but the 2-bil was so crammed-in it was almost impossible to photograph anything other than "arty" close-ups).


Still, they came out rather well, I thought. And for me it confirms the jolly good looks of this delightful unit. Though I suspect Hornby's next emu might well be one of the more glamorous ones -- the Brighton Belle all-Pullman emu, for instance. We'll find out in a fortnight.

No comments: