Thursday 3 February 2011

Sainted aunts

A pair of trios from a very talented photographer, starting with David (he of Goliath-slaying fame):


Beautiful imagery, almost Pierre et Gilles-ish in its super-saturated reality.


Delightful composition, artfully arranged, lush lighting.


And a staggeringly pretty model. What more could you ask for?

A different approach in the second trio, a St George with pert winkie:


Some of the same hall-marks as the first trio, with interesting props and, next, a cunningly-placed Dragon/Devil:


The Dragon/Devil then goes all suggestivy on St George, but he rises above all that (although the angling of his body towards the Dragon suggests that perhaps, underneath that stiff exterior, St George may, after all, be all-too-temptable fleshly human):


I really liked that series. I'm hoping this excellent photographer will produce more of the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images. Isn't the second set just as likely to be St Michael? The last two pictures remind me of Jacob Epstein's sculpture St Michael's Victory over the Devil outside Coventry Cathedral

LeDuc said...

Yes, me too -- but the photographer was very clear that these were St Georges, and who are we to argue?

I have to say, while I like the second trio I think the first trio is exceptional. Extraordinary imagery.