Wednesday 2 February 2011

Banging on

More glorious findings from the world of deviantArt -- I adore this first image:


This next trio is of a model who has featured on Top Scoff before (he had dirty feet, if that helps you remember):


This photographer has used him to play with "x-ray" style, where a clothed and a naked photograph are superimposed:


The results can be rather beguiling:


I have always hated clowns, and I really hate clown "art", but I liked this next one:


Perhaps interestingly I would have done it the other way round -- an erect balloon with a floppy cock and vice versa, suggesting some mechanical connection between the two. Whereas the original suggests some sort of perverse mental/sexual connection between balloons and erections, which I find unfathomable.


Enough whining -- that image (above) is also of the clown/self-portraitist.

Whereas this next one is a more conventional model/photographer thing.


I find the giant mutant rather distracting and was reminded of the precepts of Classical sculpture -- the winkie should be stylised on the small side, to convey nakedness but without overemphasis.


Yeah, I even bewilder myself, sometimes.

Let's draw a veil there.

4 comments:

Jim in SC said...

Lol! Your "ramblings" amuse me and have become the highlight of my day... Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

LeDuc said...

Glad to be of service, and thanks very much indeed for such lovely feedback.

Though, honestly, I really shouldn't be the highlight of anyone's day. You need to get out more!

xx

eric said...

Hi LeDuc, I just stumbled upon your blog and I like it. You are bookmarked now. Is the last picture of Wednesday your self-portrait? Keep up the good work, Eric from the Netherlands.

LeDuc said...

Hey Eric: glad you're having fun here.

No, not my portrait at all. Not in any way. My image has actually appeared elsewhere on one or other of my previous blogs, but I ain't sayin' where. Happy hunting!