Wednesday 2 February 2011

Help needed

I know virtually nothing about the history of German railways. There, I've said it.


I very much like the black and red liveries they applied to all their locomotives. These have that "Continental" look about them -- all the gubbins and pipe work on the outside expressing its shape rather than the British approach which tended to hide it all away and smooth it over.

Let's move back down the train:


My lack of knowledge did not make me hesitate even for a second before buying the cute model coaches you can see in the rest of this post.


There are obviously three different designs, and the description was "Langeschwalbacher in German DRG livery" (I think it's meant to be 1920s or early 30s). I have absolutely no idea what that means.


Any insider information would be very gratefully received.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This could be of help:

http://www.worldrailfans.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=350&highlight=langenschwalbacher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Reichsbahn#1924:_Deutsche_Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft_.28DRG.29

LeDuc said...

I am enormously grateful -- thank you so much!

xx